Most of us have dealt with the house fly. They are annoying to say the least. When they get in your house, it’s worse to deal with. At least they don’t bite you.
- One pair of flies can produce more than 1 million offspring through their offspring’s offspring in a matter of weeks.
- Flies vomit on food before eating it. They can only consume liquids so their vomit is a tool to liquefy their food. Their saliva turns the rest into complete liquid before they swallow it. Now I’d really like to have that sandwich now!
- There are over 300,000 different species of flies.(world wide)
- Flies lay up to 3,000 eggs in their lifetime of one month.
- Flies only have 2 wings. Most insects have 4. Their wings beat up to 200 times per second and they stop immediately when their feet land.
- A new born bush fly can start mating when it is 3 days old
- Flies defecate every 4-5 minutes. That’s interesting. Hopefully they land on you in between their poop sessions.
By the way, house flies don’t spread disease by spitting on your food, disgusting as that sounds. The disease comes from their feet when they land on your food after they’ve earlier been feasting on manure or viscera or other bacteria-laden goodies.